Congratulations to Kurt Weiss, MD, Associate Professor, ViceChair of Translational Research, University of Pittsburgh Department of OrthopedicSurgery, Division of Musculoskeletal Oncology
The OutSmarting Osteosarcoma Grant is an annual research grant begun in 2017. Each year a grant of $100,000 is awarded to a project that will focus on moving research forward for osteosarcoma patients. Proposals may be for a new project or an ongoing larger project for which results can be expected in twelve months. The top three finalists for the OutSmarting OS 2021 grant will be required to present their proposed work via webinar with the Scientific Advisory, OutSmarting 2021 Team, and the greater osteosarcoma community.
At 12 months post-funding, results of OutSmarting grant winner’s work must be made available to share. The recipient must be available to present work underway and completed at the FACTOR 2022 Conference. Principal Investigator must also provide MIB Agents with a one-page layman summary of outcomes to share with the community via the website. Grant may not be used for the formation of a new organization, used for planning stages of research, or for any indirect costs.
Our community includes researchers, patients, doctors, families and anyone working to Make It Better for osteosarcoma patients everywhere. Therefore, the OutSmarting Osteosarcoma Grant is attended and juried by members of the entire community- scientists, physicians, patients and families. Together We Will move the understanding and treatments of osteosarcoma forward.
By attending this meeting, you can vote for the three finalists that will then be voted on by all the attendees of Virtual Finalist Meeting on February 22, 2021. The winning proposal will receive $100,000 in osteosarcoma research funding from MIB Agents.
To attend this meeting you must have donated or raised $5,000 or more for Osteosarcoma Research to MIB Agents in the year 2020.
Click the button below to learn more about our past winners and how this funding has helped.
• Contact Information (PI Name, title, institution, email, phone, and mailing address)
• Initiative Name, Amount Requested
• Desired Impact, Projected Milestones
• Uploaded Documents to Include:
• Project Abstract in layman’s terms (proposal shall not exceed one page, front and back, must be in Microsoft Word format, Calibri font, 12 pp, spacing no less than 1.5, with 1” margins top and bottom. It must include:
a) project aims
b) research design
c) expected outcomes
d) research findings
e) other relevant information for the review.
• Bibliography (no limit)
• Budget Breakdown– estimated amounts, to nearest $5,000, in the following categories:
o Personnel– identify specific individuals by name (if possible) and role on project
• Brief Bio Sketch (no more than 1 paragraph)
• Other Grant Support (Current, Pending, and Past 3 years)
• Documentation To Include–
• Copy of Institutional IRS Letter of Determination
• Completed W9 form